Wednesday, June 29, 2011

On to the next

I am feeling so accomplished these days. I got the blue and brown stripes finished and have started another afghan in the same pattern. These rows work so fast.

I love how the setting sunlight glows on the edge of the blanket in this picture.

I waited to late, again, to take the pictures but wanted to get them taken so I can wrap this up and take it to my cousin. I missed the baby shower this weekend, I was helping my Brother and Sister-in-Law move to the new house they have bought.

This is the next afghan I have started, frogged, and started again. I am making this one for my Aunt Donna and Uncle Kim's Christmas present. She asked me to make an afghan in Autumn colors about a year ago and I think I got them about right. 

The first attempt started with a chain of 210 and ended up being about a foot and a half taller than me. My Uncle is a tall man and would have still been way to long for him. My Aunt is just over 5 feet tall and I was scared she would tangle up and suffocate in all that. So I ripped it all out and restarted with a chain of 189, it is still long but better. I am doing a row of sc, granny stripe, sc in each color then changing to the next color. It really works fast and may just be my go to pattern when I need something done quick.

Now it's time to brag a little. I have lived in South Carolina my entire life, never would I want to live anywhere else. I am a Carolina Girl through and through. I tell everyone I was raised on three basic beliefs:
1. God
2. Family
3. South Carolina Gamecocks.

Last night the Gamecocks baseball team won the College World Series! This is the second year in a row they have won and I am so proud! Way to go Boys! Now its time to get ready for some Gamecock Football! I love College Football, could care less about Pro Football though, even with the Carolina Panthers less than a hour from me.

I hope you all are having a great week. We are getting ready for the 4th and all the parades, cookouts, and fireworks that go along with it. We have a small community near where I live that has a parade every year on the 4th and anything can be in it as long as it is decorated with American Flags. It is fun to see just what people come up with. My girls ride in it with my Aunt Ann and Uncle Phillip. She is on the four wheeler, he is on his Motorcycle and each take one of my girls. They love it!

Whatever plans you may have, have fun, stay cool, and be careful. Hope to see you here soon with pictures of all the fun, festivities, and fireworks.

TTYS!

2 comments:

glor said...

The blanket came out so pretty, love the colors. I think this may be a project come fall. Thanks.

Pammy Sue said...

Very pretty.

Post a Comment